Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Dracula

I came in contact with this book through a recommendation of SAT books that I would have to read in order to score good on the SATs. Yet, this book wasn't one of those SAT books which were extreemely boring and tedious. This book actually contained action and suspense that were even comparable to modern fantasy books.
The story starts with a man going to Castle Dracula on a caravan. The author, Stroker, describes this scene so carefully that I almost lost interest as I was reading through 40-50 pages of flowery and descriptive words. Hoewever, real fun starts as the man approaches the castle. The castle is dark, and rainy clouds cover the castle while the other parts of the village does not even have a slight evidence of a cloud. He was a messanger,in fact, however he later finds out in the castle that the count who was living their was a vampire who fed on fresh blood. Terrified to recognize such a horryfying fact, he wishes to quickly return to his homeland. However, on his way back, he brings the count with him to his hometown. And trouble begins. Later, he and his friedns find ways to repel this monster. And kills the count soon after.

This book is the original version of a human vampire. And it is the first book that this type of idea was actually suggested. I have heard of these vampires many times, but I have never encountered the origins of these many tales. But when I read this book. I was able to gain knowledge on the origins of the tales I have heard for a long time.

No comments: